Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: I watch OI *PIC*
In Response To: I watch OI ()

they...the big dogs...the powers that be...don't need you participating in the money play...at least not on the winning side. They need you to feed their pockets. Don't know how many times I've seen a market move start before the little boys had a chance to get on board before it runs off and leaves you behind.

I don't really know if that's true or not...ot even if it's a valid concern but it sure seems like it sometimes.

They got to have someone to take the other side.

I never could make heads nor tails out of open interest. That having no meaning past...I never could make heads not tails out of open interest.

Price and time always struck my fancy...figuring whatever the cause...the result would show up in price whenever it was time. Sometimes it would run off and leave me...sometimes not. There can be a lot of machinations in the daily and weekly chart before it shows up in the monthly. There being money making opportunity machinations while it tries to make a mark on the monthly chart.

Even with all the hairy moves in the DOW of late...barely a mark has been made on the monthly.

Messages In This Thread

I watch OI
Re: I watch OI *PIC*