Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Brackrock hs bought up lots of residential

Many full neighborhoods that "bracklock" purchased are to turned, fully, into rentals. I would never have thought that a good business decision, but times change.

The least expensive of my properties, left in shambles of course by the tenants that have been there four years, is obviously available for rent July 1.

Put an ad on Zillow, the first of June, raising the rent 20% from where it was (still WAY under market). First day, I had sixty-three inquiries. Zillow allows the prospective tenant to fill out background/financial/criminal check information and sixteen had household incomes in the six figures.

So many people "just dropping by", as opposed to calling and making an appointment, I just kept answering the door instead of getting work done. First day (June 2) following the listing, I had people actually begging me to rent it. There is nothing special about this house. Most of my others are pretty damned tricked out. This one, on the other hand is only 1600 square feet, 3 bdrm., bath and a half.

I have never experienced a rental market like this. There was trash everywhere, grease all over the kitchen, you wouldn't even recognize the range as a stove it was so covered with grease and the refrigerator had broken shelves. The cabinets were filthy .... I was ashamed to have anyone look at it in that condition.

However, women crying and their husbands comforting them when I told them that, to be fair, I had to consider all of the applicants and couldn't promise them the house. They'd be considered, fairly considered, but I had to look at all applicants.

I simply coudn't believe it. I've never seen anything like this in my life. Definitely a landlord's market ... and then some.

Messages In This Thread

Brackrock hs bought up lots of residential
Re: Brackrock hs bought up lots of residential