Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

After Thanksgiving is over...

Happy Thanksgiving to all here on this forum!

As I was making a last minute shopping trip to the supermarket, I drove by an encampment of homeless people. I felt compelled to stop and hand out a little bit of money.

The US has some 600k of homeless people. The state with the highest number is California, with some 160k.

Yes, I know. Some of them are drug addicts. But a lot of them are regular, decent folks who may have lost their job during the lockdown and got evicted from their apartments. Quite a few of them are vets.

And then I started thinking…

Since the beginning of the Ukraine war, the US has given the Ukraine some 60 billion in aid. The other day, when an errant missile landed in Poland, Biden quickly promised another 37 billion aid package to the Ukraine (that would bring it up to almost 100 billions).

A few days ago, I read that the Pentagon stated that of that money given to the Ukraine, 20 billion was military equipment. So, where did the other billions go to? How much wound up in the pockets of Zelensky and his friends?

And then I started thinking of our vets who are living in cardboard boxes. Something does not feel right. Where are our priorities?