Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

how you know you're getting old and detached...

We didn't even realize till yesterday that Daylight savings time had happened on Sunday. I do wish they'd stop doing that. Set it at one time and leave it.

Bought a pretty healthy dehydrator. Been making jerky and dried fruit. Pretty fun. Found some top round for 3 bucks a pound. Go through the dehydrating process... poof...beef jerky for days. Seems like you yield about 50% of wet weight. 6 lbs of wet strips is about all my dehydrator will hold...3 lbs dried comes out. At 3 per pound wet, it's 6 a pound dried. Last time I bought a lb of jerky it was 32 per pound. By now it may be getting nearer 50.

Of course, if you're not a beef jerky fan it doesn't matter squat to you but we always have some hanging around the crib. Now we can make it how we want it and get it cheap.

Set the timer on the dehydrator...six hour later the timer pops. It doesn't matter that the clocks get set back or forward...six hour is six hours. That we rarely watch the news...nobody told us the clock had jumped ahead.

Oh well...that's how we came to live an hour behind for a couple days and knew nothing about it.