Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Gnats vs fruit flies...

Every year we get infested with gnats. Gnat's is what I call em but I've been told they're fruit flies...whatever, it's easier to say and spell gnats. They seem to ride in on banana's in the late spring and torment us until the first frost.

you see all over the net various methods of killing them...bowl, sugar water with a dab of soap mixed in...bowl covered with plastic wrap with small holes poked in it. That does work to an extent. I have those sticky fly strips that coil down from the ceiling or something. All with varying degrees of success.

We've tried all manner of concoctions to trap the little bastards but here lately, the Woman, decided to poor beer into the plastic wrapped bowl. Just beer. Seems the little banana bombers love themselves some beer. Sot's, drunks, alcoholics, boozers they are.

inebriated on the nectar of the god's...they drown...or maybe the alcohol permeates their outer layers and kills them...who knows...who cares?

The beer trapped over a hundred of them in a few days...best results, by far.