Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Benchmarking *PIC*
In Response To: Re: Benchmarking ()

Right R, you have to have a record of your methods signals -- you have to. If you look back at those entry days you'll see we're just buying dips and selling rallies. It is not trend-following though. As a day trader I only trade w/ the majority of tradable patterns. But that swing trading benchmark is counter-trend. It was one of the guys in our group that helped me see the validity of trading individual patterns instead of waiting for 2 out of 3 patterns to align.

I"m in the midst of getting the signals automated. That will be a dream come true. Here is a chart of the Aussie where we have the patterns themselves automated -- just need to add the signals now. Luckily everything I have seen while doing it manually has shown a healthy winning percentage. Always the possibility though that the computer tells us we are on the wrong path.

To date we have just been scratching the surface. Eventually it will be artificial intelligence that determines the length of the shorter-term patterns.

The problem for your average hobbiest trader is they just don't have enough data -- like you said hourly charts don't do us a lot of good unless we have A LOT of context.