Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: currently/Trend/Lee
In Response To: Re: currently/Trend ()

Yes lots of cycles short term and long term out there. May sound funny, but if a young trader is out there keep copies of your daily grain charts of 2008. Great floods seem to come along about every 20 years. Flood of 1927, great flood of 1951, great flood of 1972, great flood of 1993, and then 2008.

I tried to do some comparisons between 2008 and 1993 for soybeans, but by the time it dawned on me to do it and figure a trading plan it was a little to late. Next time we have a great flood you may be able to estimate how high the grains go up and when they start coming down. My trading days will probably be long gone in 2028.

I was thinking of growing a small garden this spring. Just thinking only. Read an article on a flower clock. Certain flowers tend to open at the same time every day and close at the same time everyday. For example you can put morning glories and wild roses at 5:00 AM in clock, and dandelions at 7:00 AM, and other flowers at different numbers on the clock. They will open at that time and will also close at roughly the same time each day. They seem to have their own cycle to stick to. Suppose to be somewhat accurate, so by looking at your flowers you can tell roughly what time of day it is.

Messages In This Thread

Re: currently/Trend/Lee