Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: natgas EIA report/ceejay
In Response To: Re: natgas EIA report/ceejay ()

Hi Lee. NG has been riding its technical channel for the last....what year or so, and so has been more of a day, or few day, trade, for me, anyway. A large part of the spring/summer market is weather related and not secular, so as a meteorlogist I make calls using climatology and what I believe to be the best forecasts available. For me, an outside long bet would be one based on the the hurricane frequency forecasts made by NOAA and others earlier in the spring. These are not terribly reliable forecasts. An above average season does in no way imply a big Gulf hurricane and shut-in production, but it does suggest a somewhat increased probability of that happening. But I wouldn't strike until I saw some convincing evidence of a big one developing, which has a lead time of 10 days or, often, much less.
Good luck with your paper calls. I bet a few K today on a sharp jump tomorrow after the EIA data hits the wires.
Chris

Messages In This Thread

Re: natgas EIA report/ceejay