Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: weather June 27-July 4th/Ceejay
In Response To: weather June 27-July 4th ()

Hi Ceejay,
Thanks !!

I know this is not quite a "fair" question, but ....

Can you possibly add a comment at the end of your weekly weather report that .....

The overall "cooling load" should increase/decrease over the last period ????

In response to your "Ng Trends" post I found and posted a link to data on Ng consumption that actually showed "monthly figures".

I have to go back to it, but it sure looked like the warm summer weather gives rise to incremental increases in the power generation utilization of Ng.

Residential heating shows up well but other areas are reasonably constant (without nitpicking the numbers).

Still want to try to get a "handle" on these Thursday price excursions.

A timely measure of consumption is "not available" so ...

One may assume all consumption is withdrawn from "storage" on a weekly basis [and that may not be the case], new production gas may bypass storage and go directly to feed current consumption ???

If "new production" Ng is available cheaper than what the pipeline operators paid for what is in storage, they may just "turn another valve" and it goes directly to consumption. The weekly storage report [injection/extraction] then does not tell the whole story !!!

Anyway, has been interesting.

Thanks, Lee
Since "

Messages In This Thread

Re: weather June 27-July 4th/Ceejay