Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: weather July 4th-11th/CeeJay
In Response To: weather July 4th-11th ()

Hi Ceejay,

Was about to respond to your last post.

I mis-understood your "buy comment" for Thursday. When posted is sounded like you bought before the 10.30 report. But after, on the dip, sounds a lot better !!!

As I had mentioned, still a lot of room on that "seasonal chart" and to that 4.0 possible support as well. But, went up nicely on Friday. We'll see.

Back to the data ...
What do you mean by "seasonal average" ?? Where do you find it, or determine it ??

Same Q's for "supply/demand" curve you mentioned.
-------
From the historical data (xls files) of the Thursday storage report I suppose one could generate a "supply/demand" curve.

I was looking at this page:
http://www.eia.gov/oog/info/ngw/ngupdate.asp#Storage

Has a section on pricing, mentions various market regions and an outfit named BENTEK Energy Services, LLC, recently bought by Platts, that provides data (for a fee) on production and demand by region, and consumption category.

Take a look, maybe you already have, I just found it.

Simply stated, I would like to understand:

Who buys the Ng from the producers, and if by producing region//storage region and/or pipeline company - who/what they are ??

How is price determined that producers are paid. Seems there is a "well head" price determined at the time the Ng goes into the "pipe" to the storage facility.

Is the Ng now owned by the storage facility and/or a pipeline company ??

Is it then delivered to a "consuming company" against a futures contract ?? that has expired (closed for delivery)??

I suspect few "consuming companies" can take "full/near instantaneous delivery" so I assume the "storage facility" has a fee built in there for storage while the quantity of Ng is being delivered via the pipeline.

I guess, in short, it would be nice to understand how the storage facilities really operate !!

Any way, still slugging along !!!

Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: weather July 4th-11th/CeeJay