Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Stuff for Comment ?

Hi All,
Since things are quiet ......Here are a few things that may attract comment.

Plan on Debt Vote announced about 8pm eastern. Still has to pass voting butt ......

I see little excitement showing up in the markets, tho it is Asian trade and Sunday night.

Thought Dx would move more, it hasn't ....Hanging around 74.05
Gold down about 14 bucks so far. I do expect Gold to drop, certainly after final vote.

I joked about ES and YM - Emini SnP and DJ the other night.
- Both gapped up quite a bit on market open, even before the 8pm announcement, although there was earlier speculation that an agreement was forthcoming.
ESU11 now up 20.25
YMU11 now up 183

So, unless things change dramatically, the market will be up quite a bit in the morning !!

Also, Dx has now dropped back to 74.005 at the moment. Maybe they don't trust us ???

NGU11 now up to 4.165, bouncing off of what I called possible weak support at 4.12. I don't expect this to go very far and be relatively short lived ...Today, maybe tomorrow ??

Wayne ?? Why are you looking at NGZ11 (Dec).?? Current month being actively traded is Sept. and Dec. has the front end of the winter heating demand already showing up in price.
- Unless you have "strong feelings, explain" maybe you could focus on Sept. You mentioned the storm "Don" with your chart, but that is so far removed from Dec. I don't see any possible relationship.

The discussion with CeeJay pretty much centers on "how quickly" current events show up in price on the chart.

Thanks, Lee