Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Stock Market - Update/Insider

Tongue and cheek...

The Stock Market is heavily influenced by the Government through the media. People, many people, have their money tied up in a market that they are cluseless about. They get their information from people who make a living converting your money to their income.

I have spoken to so many people that have what would be considered large sums of money in the market, and don't have a clue about their real exposure. You can see examples daily as media sources ask "talking heads" for explanation of what is going on.. the "talking heads" make up a sounid good story, and the World is in a happy place. So you can rest assured as the market recovers there will be plenty of "talking heads" telling you why.

Me? I have given my postion as to the market like an open book. July 2008 I turned bearish crude at 145/147.. and the Stock market where ever it was trading.. I really don't remember the value. Then I purchased Stocks March 2009.. well posted, and after very good gains took profits, and did not look back (for other trades) .. other than PUTs I bought last Oct/Nov, that expired worthless.. March, Sold my 4.35 silver position for 43.00 plus and then bought NOV PUTs, that are doing well at this time.. it may be short lived, and if they expire worthless I will probaly be buying more for next March..

My longer term objective for the DOW is under 2,500 and problay under 800... so I am willing to stay with PUT positions.

As for current moves they are.. excuse my French, a JOKE. Currently Obama is trying to blame the sell off on Congress, and then prior to election time take credit for a Government influenced rally. Remember he wants the market to go lower.. it helps his blame game. The market has not gone low enough "yet" for fear to kick in.. my guess that number would be below 6,000..

Again Lee my comment about the market going higher was only because that is the current move.. it changes about every hour or two.. certainly not a market to invest.. speculate, roll the dice.. hell yes. Even though I am bearish I will at times, as I did Mar 2009, buy Stocks.

Lee, Take Care, Make Money, at least have Fun

Messages In This Thread