Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Tropical Update Aug 31st/CJ
In Response To: Tropical Update Aug 31st *PIC* ()

Hi CeeJay,

Interesting Wx map !!! I assume the color blotches represent rainfall intensity ??? Or ???

On Ng storage report, estimates seem to be in the 65 range.

I could not find the WSJ estimate this week.

No confidence in that number and no opinion whether bullish or bearish.

I see Ng "stuck, banging it's head" at 4.05. If that doesn't change and the number comes in higher, I can see Ng dropping like a rock !!!

Production is/was still high through the "current dipstick readings" of 8/26 and really preceded any effects of Irene.
My feeling is that Irene cut demand quite a bit and the couple of Nuclear plant shutdown/cutbacks really didn't matter that much. Any of those effects will show up next week unless the market is already pricing them in.

I know that I may sound a little flaky on this, but I think those "seasonal charts" do have some merit If enough "players buy into those seasonal trends" then price is going to go up in spite of Irene and a little variation in the inventory build !!!???

So, no further clue ..... That is why I am watching this market so closely. It is my "cross word puzzle" !!!!!

Take care,
Thanks, Lee