Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Dx ??/Hal/Trades
In Response To: Re: Dx ??/Hal/ *PIC* ()

Hey Trades,

I hear you on that Silver/Gold chart...it would have been one sweet, long ride up to be sure! The whole hindsight thingy on charts like this one can really drive a trader batty when you can see that a 'big one' was just sitting there waiting for a line to be cast. Oh well, always other opportunities around the corner...just gotta stay alert to them. Maybe the next one is the downside of this very ratio. If we break that 4 month channel, I can see it tumbling all the way back down to test those original breakout points. Time should tell soon enough for this Gold-Silver relationship. It has been the real canary in the coal mine for the whole financial system in recent years. When Gold starts seriously outperforming Silver, the time to get the heck out of Dodge is usually at hand, lol. I think yer right about the whole 'risk on' mentality...it appears to be drying up here, which tells me to stay away from the crowded commodity bull trade and look for shorting opportunities.

I think your daughter has the right idea about finding property on the East Coast. It truly is hard to beat the value here relative to what you can get in B.C. or other Canadian hotspots. I just spent the long weekend visiting with family down on the South Shore in a house I helped them purchase in July. Beautiful spacious home, on an acre overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, close to historic Lunenburg, for only $260K. Only an hour from Halifax too whenever they have the desire to partake in the city's events/activities. Anyway, they'll be very content to spend their final days there, all for a monthly cost less than a one bedroom rental in Toronto, lol. So yeah, if your daughter finds something to her liking out here (and she can/will without any problem) you'll have a good excuse to travel farther than the corner store, haha.

Best of trades to you