Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: In the light of MF Global...

Hmmm, that is not what I want to hear.

I had discussed using a Broker in the Cayman islands as well. They told me they would not accept US citizens as customers, because the US crawls up thier behinds too much. There i some sort of treaty between us and the Caymans that allows them to do that.

Although, the broker I talked to there cleared through US FCMs anyway, so that kind of defeats the purpose.

So basically, I see that my choices are to either become a citizen of Uruguay, or some such country, or accept the fact that i can lose my entire account, even if I am not actually in a trade, or just not trade.

I am beginning to think the best thing to do is just pull my course off the market(since I won't need to fund my account anymore), and go work for a broker, thereby letting someone else risk thier money, instead of me.

I really don't like the idea of getting up, and taking the train into Chicago every day, but I dislike the idea of having my FCM go under, and being locked into a trade going against me for 6 weeks even more.