Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Trades - Gold / Silverbear

Trades,
I am thinking the same way. I'm getting tired of trading for nickles and dimes - Gold is still in an uptrend that began long before you and I were born. I'd LOVE to ride a long term trend, in either direction and just update my stops and add on from time to time. The only problem is that it hits you with expensive drawdowns. I know that if you're a savvy trader, you can protect yourself against these account killers. In this market, you're lucky to find a trend that lasts a month - let alone one that lasts for years.
I think that it was Insider who posted about dumping his silver that he bought back in the 70's. Now THAT's long term.
I actually bought some gold in 1975, just after I got a job where I could actually put some money away. "Goldfinger" is my all time Favourite movie!! I used it as part of the downpayment for my first house.

I've seen this 150 bounce a couple of times and it FINALLY dawned on me that something was "up". So, now I pay attention.
Odd - I was thinking of the 1705 support area this am when it touched 1706 this morning and I was just about to pull the trigger. Wondered what you thought about it (and sneak a chart from you!) since I knew that you had been tracking Gold as well.
It might pay us both just to follow Gold. I have been trading Oil for some time and it's been a roller coaster. But the GOLD chart outclasses them all. Splitting my focus just isn't working. I should shelve all my other charts and just follow Gold - at least we know what the long term trend is - whatchathink?????

Best,
S