Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Presidential Cycle Not Bullish This Time

True enough Randy. But the more the House wont cooperate and approve ANY legislation and makes Obama look incompetent and unable to govern without conflict the more the public will want to toss out ALL the incumbents in Nov. I have read more than once the public is fed up and ready to toss sitting members. There are 33 Senators up for re-election. 21 are Democrats and 10 are Republicans with 2 Independents. So if the Republican controlled House continues to make Obama look bad the majority of members up for re-election will get flushed by a very pissed off public. The big difference is the Democrats in the Senate will take the beating twice as bad as the Republicans having 21 members running compared to 10 for the Republicans.That would give the Republicans a clear majority in the Senate along with the same in the House and the Presidency. Could not ask for more if one was a Republican. Small sacrifice to make and all they have to do is make things look like a financial mess that can't be fixed with the current members and President. I'm sure any Republican Senators that lose in Nov would have nice job offers with the new Republican administration. Looks like a hell of a plan if you are a Republican. But that's just what crossed my mind as a winning strategy.