Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: March Nat Gas/In the Handbasket/Trades *PIC*

Hi Trades,
Thanks for the comments .....
OK, here's the drift of what I have been trying to do lately. I think the problem of getting a chart off the portable to the other computer so I can post it has finally been solved

Reason, I will day trade, but can't sit and stare at the screen all day either.

And as you said, most indicators do not work that well on an Intraday chart.

I have posted a chart, ignore the exact horizontal line positioning, it is just a quick example.

Having picked a market to follow (another discussion/day) I will put up an intraday chart with trend lines started to mark a channel top and bottom that will extend to the right. As the market goes up/down over the day, I may add more lines. When a repetitive hi/lo pattern/cycle evolves I will move the lines (read support/resistance like). NOW, when the price bars start to approach/tag the pseudo S/R lines you can start to pay close/closer attention to the 4,20 ema curves. I would normally trade the bounces off the S/R lines or if a Breakout occurs, then go with it. Normally I will only trade a breakout of a channel if it is in the direction of the overall trend, which is not at all clear/visible on the chart that I am posting.

I know this is kind of brief, but I think you will get the idea and we can dig into this more later.

Thanks, Lee