Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Trades - USD/Silverbear *PIC*
In Response To: Trades - USD ()

I've been watching this DX saga closely. Price did top out as I expected at the major resistance pt of 81.50 and spin its wheels there with everyone and his dog short the Euro. So price finally pulled back from there after being exhausted. The support levels on the way down are very vague and sloppy. Right now price action is showing DX is trying to hold the line here. And there is a lot of past history at this 79 level. It is much clearer on the Euro chart that I posted the other day with price right up against obvious resistance. I'll post the Euro chart after this DX chart to see. Seasonals are no longer strong on DX from early Feb to mid March and show a selloff historically in all time frames. But the 16 year low in DX was seen last year in DX which has a solid long term track record and a major uptrend should be next in DX for many years ahead basically. Never a straight up run of course but this long term trend has worked historically. Not that it helps save our ass now of course,lol. Meanwhile the CCI 20 is showing a postive divergence from a very oversold level as well. I expected a selloff in DX to the 200ema which is also the Fib 61.8% level around 78 but DX doesn't care what I expected either. Tough call looking at the DX chart with support questionable here. I'll post a Euro chart which is much clearer and a clear price to watch for a breakout.