Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Corn Repeating Cycle Is History Now

Hi.

This is interesting, but I am not sure if my thought or interpretation is right when seeing it. I see that in the last 15 days of the initial 60 day cycle that the chart rose 80 cents. With other studies I have looked at I could see a rise in corn over the next 3 weeks. Then after seeing this last dip, it shook my thinking only a little bit. Does this chart help that theory?

I will compare this to the wheat chart. I believe that we could see a rise to the $7.70 mark still before the end of the month. but maybe not.
I see the wheat being able to go up over $1.30

aug 08 it took out all the stop losses, cleaning any buy orders on the market possible. 25 cent to the lows, Aug09th it did similar closing up 29 cents off the low to 6.72 1/2 but was as high an additional 14 cents higher than its close.

so wheat at the end of this cycle illustrated here in corn, wheat was at 745 up $1.02 off the lows 15 days before the end of that last 60 day cycle. Interesting the next day it gapped up another 44 cents at open.
To summarize, the rise in wheat market at the end of this 15 day cycle rose the price of wheat up $1.02 - $1.46 /bushel (3 wks)

As compared on this chart, where the last 15 days only rose appr. 85 cents on the corn chart between the Aug 9th - September 1st. My math is a bit off. But the point remains.

so based on this amazing observations, are we to see corn trading above $7.35 in the next three weeks? and wheat above $7.45 - $7.99 before the end of the next three weeks?

Im not trying to predict anything here., this is only a chart thing based on what is posted here, if I am seeing it right.
Wouldn't this also help correct the spread in Corn and Wheat that has been posted on the forum as well.

How accurate could this be?