Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Gasoline/ Bouncing Back/STR

The Ford Fusion is a mid size car and my Jeep was somewhat bigger but much older technology.( most think it is a Ford Focus which is small and about 1/2 the price) The names sound much alike and they are similar unless side by side. And the Ford's Fusion's original buyer ordered it with a 5 speed auto and all the whips and jingles. So on the highway it's like it has overdrive and keeps up like anything else I've driven. And it has 16" wheels and the Jeep only had 15" wheels so handles way better than the Jeep that was harsh and truck like. Lots of trunk room as well which surprised me. But in Victoria,B.C. the traffic isn't all that bad if you avoid the morning and late afternoon work traffic. Getting worse of course with a growing population. But now I can choose when to be driving unlike when I worked. So it's working out well.

Oddly enough I was going over all the filters etc on the Scan selections and found I can just select S&P500 stocks only for the scan. Not used to all the stuff on this charting service and while I learned a ton of things about it on a stock trading site from guys that used the Scans there I don't go there anymore so have to learn all the tricks myself now. But sure enough I ran the Scan for 7 L.Highs/L.Lows in a row on the S&P500 and there were 4 today. These were:AEE, CVH, JNJ and KO. I didn't check them as some may be having an 8th or 9th or 10th day. My Scan setting just asks for the last 7 days with those requirements and stocks with an average 1mil shares per day over the last 60 days with price average above $20. But Normally my Scan is set for U.S. Stocks which will pick up all U.S. listed stocks including S&P500. But obviously the S&P500 stocks do have the highest profile and highest volume and would likely be the best candidates for consistent results. I would think buying options on these candidates might be a good bet rather than buying and shorting the stocks outright.