Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: May Crude/Silverbear *PIC*
In Response To: Re: May Crude/Silverbear ()

Yes the broken uptrendline plus the downtrendline from early March along with the break of actual price support of $104 with price unable to re-clear that level which is now resistance tells the story well. Add to that price closing below the 20ema for 3 weeks now the trend is conclusively down. But what I have often seen with this CCI 20 set up like this is just a mild pullback to even a lower price low with an improving CCI 20 like you see now and then a reversal back up again. That present reading on the CCI 20 also remains below the 0 line but has been steadily improving since late March. What would be typical here with this indicator looking like this is a price pullback to the 200ema like it did in Dec and Feb and reverse back up again. So my point is while being short is technically the right side of the trade, be prepared for a 'potential' reversal back up again that's all. I've ignored this indicator too many times when it looks like this and ended up being surprised at a reversal and scrambling to exit. And I hate surprises. Just a heads up and keep an eye on the rear view mirror....................meanwhile enjoy the ride down.

Messages In This Thread

May Crude/Silverbear *PIC*
Re: May Crude/Silverbear
Re: May Crude/Silverbear *PIC*