Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: pfg liquidation only? Dont Spread ****/limitup

i can only say i am sorry my post has caused so much friction among this board...i don't mind some :) i only posted because the sudden email i received looked like spam and i was trying to confirm and nothing was on google search yet...

i appreciate everyone's post on this board (except some of the political has gone a little overboard), i make sure to read wayne's dry humor posts, lee's analyitical musings, randolf's right on forks, trade's awesome charts, along with everyone else's words of wisdom or rantings. i drink in all your knowledge and spit out all your crap...

Now, for any of those who want to know about my problem with pfg, if you don't, no need to read further...

i am/was short 4 contracts of cattle as a hedge..monday.got the email from pfg that positions can only be liquidated...no prob, i think, i don't want to sell them anyway...dummy...the next morn i get the notice from nfa that all positions were closed at 12:00 am tues morn.... on wed an email from pfg stating that not all positions were liquidated, then an email from nfa stating postiions were partially liquidated and those would be getting a statement, but the statement might not be correct...my last email said 95% of the positions were liquidated...so here was my dilema...i was out of town on mon and tues with no access to my bank to wire funds to another acct...but even if i could, do i want to short more contracts if i am not sure if my positions have been liquidated? so here i sit with my thumb up my u know what ( i try to follow the rules) and naturally my feeder contracts have fallen over 5.00 since the supposed sale at 12 am tues morn...appx 10 thousand dollars..

so, here i sit, scratching my head because i have no balls... the email address and phone numbers nfa gave me get no response. and i sit here hedged or unhedged, i know not...i have sent an application to cme for their family farmer/rancher protection fund which they have told the media pfg customers are eligible but pfg is not listed as a registered clearing member. i have emailed them, but get no informative response either...so, again, here i sit....