Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Nat gas
In Response To: Nat gas ()

i've looked at this market the last few weeks and got in the other day. This is my type of setup. A meandering low volatile setup where bollinger bands are real skinny and options are cheap in both directions. CK I don't have your guts (lol). So I played my normal straddle. On the November contract 3.40 Calls and 2,50 Puts. As the market has been meandering around the last few weeks, options were very cheap for this market vs normally when NG is trending. So if the last big move was the ABC, then wave 5 down is coming. If this was a 1,2 1,2 (btw..this is my preferred direction), then wave 3 UP is coming, and is maybe here now!. Since the low yesterday, the Intraday charts have looked impulsive with the moves on most time frames. And its been very volatile. On the 30 minute bar it went from 2.86, down to 2.82 and back up to 2.90 all in one 30 minute bar. (nov) So somethings coming.

Btw...general technicals show the Monthly chart Stochs have turned up and MACD approaching 0 from below and has been heading up for a few months. The daily looks like the Monthly. The weekly was the one that showed stochs down, however the MACD crossed up at the start of the 1,2 1,2.
This looks like an up. I think the caveat here is that if it does go down its going to shoot up very fast.

I hope it's the W3 up because hard work and guts sb rewarded.

Good luck CK

Messages In This Thread

Nat gas