Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Oct Crude/artie *PIC*

I go for very long walks Saturdays so will have to post charts later as it takes time to comment on them technically and at the same time try separate my own personal biased opinion on them. I often don't agree with what I post as the chart is what it's all about not my opinion which is influenced by financial news and other questionable "fundamentals" that change continually along with hopes and fears of my own.

Something else to bear in mind is Friday's price action in many markets including Gold,Silver and DX was affected by trader's reaction to Bernanke's comments on QE and other stimulus methods which caused a lot of short covering due to huge short positions by those not expecting positive comments. And on a Friday and end of month last day trading along with a long weekend ahead, price action on many markets were very questionable. Those on the wrong side of Friday's rallies were exiting ahead of the long weekend all day. Tuesday's close will clear up what was real and what was b.s. price action. That is something to consider regardless of Friday's price action. I'll post charts later. What I did notice was despite Gold and Silver's rally the major Gold stock ETF:GDX along with the junior Gold stock ETF:GDXJ did not clear their downtrendlines and stopped cold there which was also strong price resistance. Here is the chart of GDX that needs to "clear AND hold" above $48 to confirm a breakout.