Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Dec Corn/Breakout!/TIMWAR

I agree with your rationale...the way you define your S/R based on price levels, more so the horizontal S/R. I don't give much weight to the "lower technicals" in terms of predictive value since they lag and can turn on a dime as witnessed by Thursday mornings price action in Dec corn at 8:30 am. What you've said makes perfect sense to me concerning entry points based on S/R. If I were not already short this market, I would definately not be entering short (yet) based on what I see now. The point I wanted to make in my prior post was that sometimes the manner in which price levels are taken out might should be considered before a person takes a position or liquidates one....in my case..it caused me to hold my short , rather than liquidate in a fear based reaction. Of course I am not saying it won't trade higher from here. It certainly might (and with my luck it probably will). I'm trying to convince myself that there is some logic behind my decision to hold this position I'm in. But my belief is that there is no place for (much) logic when it comes to trading these markets that are extremely random. It doesn't take much randomness to nullify all logic.
In any case ...thanks for what you do Trades