Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Canada EarthQuake, 7.7/Ceejay
In Response To: Re: Canada EarthQuake, 7.7 ()

Most of the quakes here are well off shore and nothing ever seems to happen along this Coast. The continuous north/south fault line is very far off shore. This 7.7 quake occurred 10km to 15km deep and is a large one comparatively for this area but still only saw a few dishes broken from what I've heard. That's more than what usually happens. The big quake in Seattle years ago was felt here clearly. I was working in a condo and felt it and saw the curtains sway some which was more than I've ever experienced. But no damage at all and just the typical pissing your pants reports in the media. They love these things as it gives them something to sell that's thrilling, exciting and earth shattering to get everyone worked up about. And those that sell disaster kits do well after the media hypes up the story of the "Big One" that's coming any day now. (Experts claim every 200 to 500 years a big one hits this area.) I won't be losing any sleep over it. The biggest scam here is earthquake insurance that costs around $500 per year. And there is a $30,000 deductible you pay 1st. What a scam. You can fix a lot of cracks etc for 30 grand. Only a complete disaster would warrant having earthquake insurance. And not living at sea level is always a good idea. I cancelled my earthquake insurance years ago. If I had the money I'd sell earthquake insurance here for a little less than the big financial centers do and get rich instead. But it takes money to make money. I enjoyed walking the beach area today for about 3 hours and did notice the waves hitting the shoreline seemed stronger than normal but it is entering winter time and the seas do get more ruthless in winter. Lots of sail boats out today along with hang gliders and hang skiers if that's what you call them.

Messages In This Thread

Canada EarthQuake, 7.7 *NM* *LINK*
Re: Canada EarthQuake, 7.7
Re: Canada EarthQuake, 7.7
Re: Canada EarthQuake, 7.7/Ceejay