Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Feb Gold/Testing Important Support/Lee *PIC*

Too many powerful fundamentals to quantify rationally with any certainty of a result. An agreement on the Fiscal Cliff could see the markets sell off as well. (buy the rumour and sell the news) So all I can go by is the chart as it's the only thing that is real. All the chit chat is nothing but noise and camoflage. The Feb Gold chart did break support today closed at $1672 which is below $1680 support. Not necessarily the end of the world but very bearish if it holds below. Price often does this breakdown or breakout bar and then quickly reverses back to its main trend. They call it an "Isolated Low" or False Breakout. So staying below $1680 for a few days would confirm $1680 has been turned into resistance. Next support is $1650 to $1640. Historically Gold rallies from mid Dec lows into Feb. A lot of Gold related markets are right at support and didn't breakdown today. We'll see soon enough. Almost every year I buy a Gold stock just before Christmas and sell it just after and make $500 to $1000 each time. And each year it seems like it won't happen this time but it almost always does. So I'm looking at a couple of them to get long. But if I was wise I'd just let a lot of this political b.s. go by and into the new year before risking any money on anything. Might just do that as well as most everything now is a coin flip. One doesn't have to be a trading junky and preservation of capital should always be Job#1.

Messages In This Thread

Feb Gold/Testing Important Support *PIC*
Re: Feb Gold/Testing Important Support/Trades ++
Re: Feb Gold/Testing Important Support/Lee *PIC*