Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Watching Corn/Randolf *PIC*

I'm not one for 'stories' etc and tend to just let the chart tell the story but I was watching the news the other night and they showed shipping down the Mississippi has almost come to a halt. The drought has been so severe that they are close to being unable to ship anymore. This would be catastrophic to grain supplies and many other major critically important markets. And it would be impossible to switch to truck or train as a replacement delivery system. Not sure if the Missouri river can increase water supply or not. I'm sure if they could they would have by now and not this problem come to the brink. (Then again the politicians are not that timely) But the charts will tell the tale before the 'story' becomes reality. And so far there has been no turn around with the grains etc. The big players know what the odds are of these events occurring are and will turn the markets with their large market moving participation. Can't camoflage the charts. Jeez, now I'm talking fundamentals.........scary...........

Whilst I'm looking at it here is the Grain ETF:JJG. It's components are futures contracts of each. Nice for those that want to trade the 3 together. And it can be traded in any type of stock account in any quantity.