Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Corn Holding Higher Low/Trout *PIC*

Here is a chart I posted a couple of weeks ago being the ETF:CORN in purple with the May Corn contract in black. This ETF is a combination of 3 futures contracts of Corn. The chart's technicals have been bearish Corn since early September combined with lower highs and lower lows and no breakouts on the ETF (unlike the front months) plus constant breakdowns of support the entire time with price bumping the downtrendline all the way down. I removed moving averages to keep the chart cleaner but the falling 20ema has been below the falling 50ema since mid October showing the weakness the entire time in both time frames despite a lot of typical sideways price action after a major top. Notice this last support level on the ETF broke down as well but the May contract has not and is approaching a double bottom at 681. There is presently twice the open interest in the May contract but March still has higher volume with the futures traders. At some point you may see a squeeze on these late March traders but for now the trend is down. While this ETF is not your 'typical' futures trade it is a good way to capture the overall trend of Corn rather than focus on the front month contract like so many do. A variety of factors affect the front month frenzy of trading. Notice no false breakout with the ETF:CORN but just a steady downtrend since the August high. Just another way to view things....... But spreading out any market like this does 'smooth' out the frenzied trading effects of any single contract and catches a trend better. Lots of ways to skin a cat. And an ETF can be traded in any account including a self directed retirement account without any tax implications.

And I read the Ebook and yes it did put a link on my desktop. Don't know how to save it to file but I guess for under four bucks you don't. The spelling mistakes were no big deal but they do break the thought process much like the scrolling 'jump' to each page makes you wonder if you skipped a page. Keeping a steady flow of info is important reading. But I'd still rather pay more and have a tangible book in my hand that I can put down and mark etc.