Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Gov't spying in the news now. (Wayne)
In Response To: (Message Deleted by Poster) ()

You said: "still trying to figure out how it is, them taking my data, will ever help them track down any terrorist". It won't, and I'm 99.999% sure they are not interested in your data. They are interested in anyone who calls, e-mails, or visits the website of a terrorist. So what is a sure fire way to intercept such a person? Given they have the computing power and the technology why not monitor record ALL such communications from and to suspected sources? This way you catch every single two-way communication. They order a pizza, the feds show up and interview the pizza man, they make a date w/ a local girl, the feds show up and intervierw the girl, they call thier unsuspecting nephew, the fed's show up and interview the kids parent.

In order to use this catch-all strategy they need to monitor ALL traffic. I have no idea what people have going on in thier own lifes that the idea of all thier phones calls, e-mails, skypes, and website traffic being traced -- the phone companies and e-m services have always had that capability - would cause them such concern.