Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Grain tick charts value
In Response To: Grain tick charts value ()

Of course, it will depend on the one doing the trading as far as making money consistantly.
So it doesn't really matter what charts a good trader uses. They just need to use what they like and think works best.

I have never used intraday stuff and never will, but I know a few who do. And I have worked on many systems for some of them over time.

But after saying all of that. I like the idea of tick charts for the short time frames intraday, because the bar draws after a set number of trades of your choosing and not after a set period of time whne there may have been 10 trades or 1000 trades etc.

Ticks charts make it easy to follow the volume and trades.
You will have less false breakouts etc. And of course tightens low activity periods, which is good.

Also tick charts will be different form most brokerages or data feeds, since it is not seet for a certain time frame.
But that's OK as long as you always use the same data feed.

You do have to be carefull and ask about the data feed you use. Not sure about now but a few years ago IB and some other brokerages where using snap shots of data many times each second, not true streaming tick-by-tick data. Which is why you have to be carefull about data using tick charts.

Anyway Tick charts are fine if that is what you like and can make money usimng them! ;)
But I guess the question is? What trade intraday staring at a screen? ;)
No need to making something easy so hard and time consuming?

Messages In This Thread

Grain tick charts value
(Message Deleted by Poster)
(Message Deleted by Poster)