Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Cotton--Wayne
In Response To: (Message Deleted by Poster) ()

Wayne, I'm up here in the wilderness and don't have good access to the Internet and active charting stuff. Man, I'm really winging it. Besides, you have demonstrated a better proficiency with that stuff than I. When I do my research, I rely on Barchart dot com for their charting site. And often, the chart won't download for me up here. I bought wireless printer that I thought I could hook to my iPad, but it has to initialize via the Internet and no can do, so it's just sitting useless here. You'll have to get used to my ramblins' and mere references to support, resistance, entry and exit points as I discern 'em. Besides, my observations aren't actual instructions but suggestions of what to look at and of what I'm thinking/doing. I both rely and don't rely on technical analysis. (Huh?) I blend chart looking with market watching, sprinkled with bits of S. Holmes and Freud. I also got a very big schnozzola and a keen sense of smell for rats and such. And like a good witch's cauldron, it all bubbles and bubbles for me. I do tend to favor the three moving avgs--the 10, 20 and 50, fast (not often) and slow (often) stochastics, and RSI indicators. And Fibonacci.

So, my friend, I shan't be submitting any chart graphics anytime soon. Mayhaps when I relocate back to the home front (which is very imminent) things will change as Internet access there is normal, regular and dependable.

Oh--I never mentioned my hog trade. Took a small shot based on info from another very obscure web site and put on a single Dec short. Market closed with a small profit first day, a Friday, I think. Woke up the next trading day to discover a large run up beyond where my stop woulda been if I had put one in. Rode it up a bunch. My style of trade is to look for option plays just like this one developed. I've since put one 8 puts at varied strikes and costs, all very cheap otm and domo's. Was down at the worst about $2300. Now I'm at break even, have a second future that's profitable, and with the expected seasonal move, might just see some neat return. I've started my tenure here with cotton trade because 1) I saw it as a real opportunity for some good profits and 2) a way to convey some option related actions, something that isn't well understood. I hope this sheds some light on my perspective and methods. Just adding to the pool.

Stomper