Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Risk Tolerance Threshold Theory

That's the way I see it too. Used to be a lot of posting about trades then it dried up. Why? Who knows? Who cares? I remember I posted one time about NG going to hit a certain Price by time certain from way more than a month out and against all conventional wisdom in here as to a bounce. Nailed it to the price and time. Not but one person commented on it and that was to make mention of the fact that...no one commented on it. Kinda like the Crude oil of late when, against all the guessers in here hollering for a bounce at 75 then 65. I said it would go to 44.xx by...well? Only Ronbo commented on it. That's just a few of the better ones, there have been more. Comments...zippo.

I would say though that of all the things that amazes me the most. Of all the good calls I have made(yes, some are flops) not one soul...not one...ever asked what I would consider the most important question...how did you figure that? I even put pieces of what I do out here for discussion, one person I can remember ever had much to say about any of it...except for the classic argument about price only moving two ways...that one always generated much gnashing of teeth.

To me, that's part of what this place should be about...sharing information. Not making calls for self aggrandizement. What are you trying to prove? That someone might be able to make a few good calls is of no use to me or anyone else for that matter. What the real trader should want to know is...how. I don't want to be dependent on someone else for my trades.

Hell, if I wanted that, I'd throw my money into a managed account.