Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

what I observed Wednesday morning at TU

In addition to all the good information Trout has at his University, he holds a real time interactive class twice(usually) a week via "go to meeting". The last one I attended was this last Wednesday morning where I witnessed one of the most useful things I believe I have ever seen since I start doing this...someone actually trading with what they teach. To me, yes...even with all the trading I've done, this method does a lot to build confidence. For a new comer...I can only imagine what something like that would do to build confidence in self and method.

Commodity de jour...Euro. Well, let me cliff note this cause it's almost trading time...waited for setup...waited...waited...waited some more looking for "the stars to align"...uh oh...there it is...stomped on it...made nice money.

It was easy to follow along because nothing was changed from the course teachings. Rules of the course were strictly adhered to...no "on the fly" adjustment for "extenuating circumstances". Price points had been planted on the chart for days...maybe even weeks prior. Trade trigger was adhered to. Trade management plan...adhered to. Money made. In this case, I don't think there was but a minuscule draw down if there was any. Sometimes there is a secondary bump where price will get you in the hole a little but the management of the trade, ie. stop placement, keeps the secondary bump from taking you out too soon and the stop placement is reasonable if you are taken out...if you are stopped out it usually turns out well that you were.

If it offends some sensibilities that I report my observations...tuff chit...deal with it.

This is what I saw in real time.