Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

life can throw you curve balls...

Lost my "other wife", my 'Texas, now Oregon, girlfriend"...friend of 35 years to breast cancer on the 8th of this month after a four year battle. She was the original "The Woman"...wife to my now deceased best friend of 30 years. She was the best woman a guy could have asked for. She let my best friend do his interests with his friends without question...hunt, fish, whatever. Not only that, but to a select few, she became our friend, too. Somehow, I became her best friend...the only way you can have a friendship with a married male is to have his wifes approval and friendship...in my oppinion.

She was a one of a kind and the rest of the world was lesser for not knowing her as I did. She was kind to animals, or I wouldn't have stood a chance, she was caring to humanity despite my best efforts, and she was a loyal friend to the bitter end.

Was fortunate enough to have made a trip out to Oregon in October of '19 to see her, again. Wasn't able to say my finale farewell before she died because one minute she was relatively fine...a few days later the cancer got in her brain and a few days after that...she was gone.

I have another friend of 30 years who lives in FL. He retired late last year. We, the wife and I, had plans of traveling out west with this guy after his retirement to do all manner of shared interests. We were planning these things because my wife, like my Other Wife accepted me and became my friend, has accepted this guy as my friend and hers.

Two weeks ago thy cut a big cancerous tumor from his neck and now he has to do the radiation and chemo treatments. His doctor told him the cancer he has is pretty aggressive.

The wife and I told him we would come down for a visit whenever he felt up to it. He said...you can stay away from me buddy boy...I've seen what happens to your friends with ailments after you go visit them. I told him I understood...with my track record I wasn't sure I wanted to be friends with myself.

He seemed in high spirits...but...

Man...life can throw you curve balls.