Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Doc...
In Response To: Re: Doc... ()

Ha...I have always done my own thing when it comes to work and making money. Started three relatively successful small businesses in my day. I finally got a job at age 63! One of my Nephs does books for an engineering concern and he said they were in need/want of some part time old school to mix in with the punks. I thought about it for a while and decided to accept. 35 bucks an hour 1099...aint great but whatever...thought it might be fun to mix with some peeps for a change. It's been 15 years since I went into hibernation.

Well...most of the peeps were cool. Even got to do a shootfest with 6 or 7 of those young punks. That was a good time, especially considering they brought way better guns to the party than I thought they would possess.

But...man...the organization was screwed up! Witnessed building/repair protocol I never would have accepted in my day. Brought this to the attention of "the man"...no recourse...just blew it off. Witnessed what I thought was a breech of common decency protocol by having a phone call with a subcontractor and not warning him there were others on the line via a zoom call. Man that felt sleazy.

Then they wanted me to do other things and other things and the next thing you know it's looking like a full time job which was explicitly agreed would not be the case. If I'm going to do something full time, I'm going to make a damn sight better than 35 bucks an hour...especially when its 1099 money.

Hell, 15 years ago and back...when I was running a small crew of men doing remodeling I was charging 45 dollars per man hour and paying the help $25...when I was running a three man crew that was $105 an hour to me and I felt short changed at that!

It started taking up all my time because I just can't not give 100%...stress built up...not something I want or need at this ripe old age.

I lasted 3 months...tendered my resignation last Tuesday. Retired for the second time in my lifetime. 🤣🤣

That's why I've not been in here a lot.

Glad y'all were holding down the fort in my absence.