Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Alec Baldwin
In Response To: Re: Alec Baldwin ()

I paid $10 each box of high brass (which always ejects properly) 12 ga. 7 1/2 shot. The A-5 sometimes won't eject the lighter powder charges. I got used to snatching them out to get the gun to cycle. There was a fair bit of #9 shot which is what I call "skeet" loadsavailable. The 7 1/2 is what I think of as a dove load. Possibly even 8.

They had 3" loaded with #2 shot but I could not figure what to use it on. Too big for birds and too small for deer. Anything you're going to tan would be worthless with so many holes.

A-5 is my favorite. Auto loads from the bottom. Great for doves (or pigeons in South America). I shot a 20 all my life but gave it to my daughter and her husband likes to shoot it. He has 6 A-5s but no vent rib Belgians. Mine is 1959. My son-in-law has one of the new A-5s that takes 2 3/4 or 3". He gave his father one for Christmas last year. If he has $1500 to throw around he should be thinking of his father-in-law, too.