Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: MF Global 3rd Distribution/Rabbit

Hi Lee,

actually I was trying to open an account with Options Express and transfer 50% to them. They provide low commisions and they also trade not only commodites, but stocks, etc... in one account. I kept having trouble opening the account online. I upgraded to from IE6 to IE8. Then I also downloaded FireFox, but I still could not complete the application online. I asked them, if they had a paper copy to send me an they said no. I gave up and then Mam-Oh. the MF global happened. I did not see it comming and I did not try to open and Ox account becase I had any clue MF would fail. I just wanted to open an accout that could trade just about anything and at more of a discount. The only advise I can give because it happens so quickly is watch the financial channels and watch for a big dip in the stock price.. That is why I am thinking about moving my money out of Bank of America. They dipped below $5.00 the other day. Yes, it is FDIC insured, but what, if they said you cannot get any money for a month. Don't think it can happen? Ask MF Global Customer's.

I don't have a link to what you mention on stability of others.

Lee, I have been reading your posts on NG. Good information that you post. I can't help, but read info on NG in the Dallas morning news. I have traded crude oil, heating oil, and unleaded gas, but I have never traded NG. I think we are headed down an interesting path on energy. You have the Marcellus Shale up your way, we have the Barnett Shale down here, and they have the Bakken Shale up in North Dakota. Watched a TV show on North Dakota, and a couple of years ago they hired just about anyone to work on the spot. Now there are people driving into ND. and looking for work and there are many trail parks stacked with people looking for work and not finding any. Lets see if by 2020 that we no longer import energy from the middle east.

Keep up the posts on NG I am reading.