Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Crude - Metals - USD$/Tim
In Response To: (Message Deleted by Poster) ()

Well, when I realized that I was going to be losing 2/3 of my workforce I suggested that we have more kids. About 3 months later I thought it might be safe to bring up the fact that I didn't really want babies around. I thought she would let me adopt a couple, say 10yr olds. About 3 months later I felt like it might be safe to bring it up again so I suggested becoming a foster parent. About 3 months later I brought it up again and was interrupted by a fresh idea to solve the problem by my wife. She thought that if I wanted more kids the best way for me was to find step children. I was pretty excited until I remembered that I would have to go through a whole new matriculation and training period of my own. Now I am patiently waiting for grandkids. Actually I was just worried about having someone to play with. To fully answer the question of getting work done I will say that we have updated all of the equipment on the place. Tractors now have functioning air conditioning. AM-FM radios. Good heat and power steering. I have installed self opening gates and frost free waterers for all livestock. Horses have been traded for ATV's. I am confident that I will survive.
I am proud that I was able to raise my family where I have. They know exactly what child abuse is and they know that it isn't long hours, sweat, and spankings. It is not being cared for, encouraged, or supported. They joke about turning 18 and the only change being remembering that the correct term was now assault instead of abuse. Neither one of them has asked me for a dime since they graduated high school and the older one just graduated with 2 engineering degrees in 9 semesters. The other one is working for some Dr's and putting herself through school. I enjoy handing them a Benjamin here and not being asked for it. They both understand and appreciate what I was doing for them but we have talked and both of them look around and wonder where the reward for all of it is. They go through life and see students living on food stamps and free housing and Medicaid. My daughter jokes that her life would be so much simpler if she would quit her job and get knocked up. I don't really have an answer for her. But I know that if the gov ever happens to lie to us all and the EBT cards happen to flash zero's one day they will be able to take care of themselves and get home. how's that for a trading related post?
Tim

Messages In This Thread

(Message Deleted by Poster)
Re: Crude - Metals - USD$