Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Hey ya'll how is everyone? Silverbear

Hey Silverbear, glad you are well,
Winters in Canada huh? Hope this winter isn't too severe...

Trading oil? Think we're near the bottom? Or is it closer to $40?

I was thinking we might gyrate back and forth around the $70 mark ($20 or so either way) over the next few years 'cause they say that's the cost of production with the new technologies...but who knows, now the Arabs seem bent on breaking our production by increasing production...
It sure is nice to be paying less for gas now anyways with this competition...

Anyways, to answer your questions, we just have chickens and a large vegetable garden (seasonally of course)...not a real farm...I am setting up a solar business as soon as I finish building our home, then I will build a shop and get organized for this new business...
PG&E (utility co.) wanted 10 grand just to hook up so I gave them the finger and spent half of that on solar hardware and we have all the energy we need...running a small generator sometimes in the winter...but with a large battery storage we do great, all this new tech. like LED lights and all we can go all night off the battery pack...
After I realized how cheap the hardware is now and the demand that still exists for solar I decided to try this as a new business as I am already a licensed building contractor and this fits in nicely with my Libertarian ideals...

BTW I checked out the link (Mark Cook)..thanks, it looks interesting and I will research further...

I'll send ya an email too, maybe forward my email address to Trades if he isn't interested in posting here...

Cheers!