Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: tropical update Ng/CeeJay
In Response To: tropical update *PIC* ()

Hi Ceejay,
Thanks, Looks good
Ng seemed stuck around that 4.54 level (Aug) for a couple of days ??

On the Nuclear plant side, I have not drawn any conclusions on overall effects (that's why I'm watching).
Tues. 7 AM
Salem 2 was back up to 17% so expectation may have been it was coming back.
Comanche Peak 1 was back to 71% but
Vermont Yankee went down to 75% and the expectation may have been that it was going all the way. There is quite a court battle going on with the State of Vermont to shut it down completely (in the short term). Plant needs to re-fuel and won't spend the money until resolved. Plant has a new 20 year NRC license extention.

All I can say is that Ng dropped 0.015 within 2 min. of that status report coming out.

Wed. 7 AM
All three are back to full power. Not sure what's going on now with Vt. Yankee. But 2 plants coming back since Fri/Mon is a decent drop in consumption so would offset some of the demand expectations from the heat.

For chopper:
Gomex is Ceejay shorthand for "Gulf of Mexico".

Thanks, Lee