Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Gasoline/ Next Bull Set Up/Trades

Hi Trades,
Thanks !!!
I do watch crude futures (CL) and gasoline at the pump but not the gasoline futures.

Posting this NOW, since about 10 min. ago there was a segment on the evening news (abc) on gasoline prices suggesting near $5 by summer - Citing Iran and Hormuz threat, your comment, and increased demand as the economy is improving .....

And elsewhere - the killing off of the Ethanol subsidy claimed to increase price. Maybe they should also kill off the requirement to put so much ethanol in a gallon of gasoline while at it !!!! And let the marketplace figure out what makes sense !!!!

I think they could just leave the specs. as they are, that gasoline could/may contain anywhere from 0 to 10 percent Ethanol with out upsetting the apple cart in engine design/manufacture. Maybe the number is 15 percent ??

Not sure any more but it seems Brazil has been quite successful brewing Ethanol, but I'm not sure about subsidies ????

Thanks, Lee