Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Gold Stock/Gold Ratio Chart/Trades *PIC*

All too true.
I guess the markets are kinda self-regulating like that in elimination of most because of the power of the ego....
Best to understand the changing nature of the markets and be flexible rather than deny the facts as they change because of pride.
And it's all in the charts. That's what it's all about, you can entertain yourself as the hype continues in a market despite strong divergences and price rolling over and know that this even supports your conviction of a change of direction....that's where the big money is made, when the boat is 'lopsided' in consensus at times as you have spoken of, but the charts show the big divergences and then you know that change is likely...
Then everyone turns all at once 'en masse' and the boat tips....

That's actually why metals are not as tempting at this juncture I guess...because even though consensus might seem extreme it is disagreeing with the technical action in the metals...and being one who likes to follow charts I feel compelled to try a short here anyways but keeping my finger on the reverse button in case we do launch....

Anyways here is the biggest reason I am bearish gold....it is simple, yet it did show the way for silver, corn more recently...and now gold?