Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Sept Nat Gas/Weather/Ceejay

Hey Ceejay. I was thinking of you just the other day. I don't' track weather as you do but with all the talk of weather lately something just dawned on me. An old timer I knew that has long pasted away was a Meteorologist and consultant for weather for many news outlets as he was good. He had used every known weather projecting data invented since the turn of the century. I did some construction work for him and was mentioning the crappy weather we were having then on the West Coast. He told me to get a 'heads up' on what the weather was doing or going to do was to watch what the weather was back East as it was usually the opposite of what we were having here. It just struck me that here on the West Coast the weather has been very wet and dreary and cold all spring. But just yesterday turned sunny and warm and is projected to continue to be sunny and warm to outright hot for the 1st time this year. And that is for the entire province of B.C. which is a very big area.
Sooooooooooooooo if there is anything too this guys theory you should see a weather change back east and cooling starting very soon. I have noticed this does tend to be true as watching the 6pm news here the weather here does tend to be the opposite of what the weather is doing back east. Don't know what studies you may have but it does tend to work this way from what I've seen. I suppose he was referring to 'extreme' weather not day to day normal weather. Just thought you might know something about this. If true it will have an effect on many commodities not just NG. Might be a nice counter trend trade here!!!