Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Trades: Proust or Mccarthy?

Hope you are well. i no longer do this stuff, not for me, a teacher may not make much but i would be more than grateful to have this career, which God willing will happen. i was thinking of your knowledge and wisdom which i think of at random times, but really just wanted to say thanks again. i know you know the bard, which is a topic in itself, just do not want to piss you off if you love his works... But have you read Proust, swann's way, book one, new translation by lydia davis or any proust? nothing in art, not just literature, has such beauty.. Florence the city, shakespeare, dickinson, whitman, even the russians and Flaubert cannot come close. Dickenson comes the closest but like most writers sometimes her sickness takes away from her work.. virginia woolf said it best after reading proust she thought there is no point to writing, kinda like clapton when he first heard hendrix....

and then mccarthy, cormac mccarthy..... The Road really got me because unlike blood merridian, his best novel, this i can see, so i go back to proust and yes, the bard's midsummer night's dream for hate him or love him, with King Lear, it is hard to match.. it is just that there is not originality here so much as just better play writing than the rest... Proust, there is the defininition of origininality....

ahhhh, so glad to write a post that nobody but you will bother reading because it is not about a finance but art. Take care and thank you for everything!!!!!