Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Insider

The videos made a very good point. Reminded me of an old timer I used to work with years ago. When asked how good a new employee was he'd often say he was a very intelligent young man but didn't have "this": He'd rub his 1st 2 fingers and thumb together. What he meant was the guy had brains and book learning but didn't have the common sense or insight and ability needed. Very common to see. All theory and no reality. This old timer had no education to speak of but could solve just about any problem you could come up with. I recall him laughing at a bunch of high profile manufacturing experts trying to solve a manufacturing problem. Then he'd just solve the problem regardless of the complexity of the problem. He had the insight and ability to see and accomplish what was ever thrown at him. No preconceived beliefs. He'd often say a pair of 'fresh eyes' would help as well. Much like the videos in your link that point out the need for an open mind. Like the old saying goes, many look without seeing and hear without listening. The Silva Method and other such studies are helpful in seeing things in a fresh light with an open mind. Always good practice in any case as we are all 'programmed' to follow the herd and act accordingly right from birth. After doing this for years we lose our ability to respond intuitively or risk being laughed at and humiliated for being 'weird' or out to lunch. No one accepts an outsider. It's no wonder most follow like sheep and don't dare to actually think clearly with an open mind. Thanks for the link.