Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: AWB ntr
In Response To: Re: AWB ntr ()

Alright, that's good advice.

So, do you think one/two markets and trade them exclusively, or, one/two and load the boat out of the gate?

I started trading in college in the early 70's (mostly hogs, cows and bellies). My cousin married a commodity broker and the rest is history. I was a retail AE for 12 years ('75-'87).

I think, like your lady said, we have all of the experience and knowledge we need to succeed, we just have to get ourselves under control. I become a gunslinger when I get hot and trade my six shooter in for something in full auto, lol.

I like a good base on a long term chart. An example is uso, (although oil is hard to work with because of the politics. More stress). This is not one I would choose but is an example of the type of trade set-up. The problem is the time draining capital when it is just sitting.

I know I am not a good trader. Whatever method I choose cannot appeal to that mindset.

I think swinging for the fence is fine if done right. Has worked for me at times. In fact, that is essentially what we are trying to do. I don't buy an option unless I think it is a potential 10X.