Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Profitable Trading: Show Me The Numbers

The misconception people have about trading with time and objectives/goals is amazing. So please allow me to clarify once and for all what that actually means, on trading and in your account

On trading:
Trading with time and goals or objectives are a place in time and price that one ( I ) focus on to trade. The "goal" is a focus point. Do I make it all of the time? NOPE! Why? 1) 'cause the market I'm trading may not make it there. 2) The market hits my trailing stop.
Why have a goal or objective then? What? - every trader, I repeat, every trader has a goal or target in their mind, a target they think the market will go too, otherwise they will not take the trade! (will you?) If the previous statement is incorrect then I will have to say that you are closing your eyes and pushing the button, then praying that it goes your way!

Ok, that's price or objective trading.
What about time?
What if the time you thought the market will hit the objective is totally out of whack? In other words the market is not moving at the speed you thought it will?
Just like option trading.......do you want to stay in a market that is not going anywhere? Time is money, I exit that trade after certain time of inactivity .......why do you even bother making 1x1s in your charts or daily trend lines? What you think they are? They are time and price! What do you think S/Rs are? TIME! ...... So yes, you have to "know" what you are dealing with when trading time and price objectives.....you have to know how to trade "in that format" or go back to the basic stuff.......many trading styles. A good trader is a "good trader" bc he/she has found his/her style of trading.......simple, find yours and you will never look at how other people trade.........

Account goals: weekly, monthly, yearly. I have to say to you that if you don't have those goals, then go and get a different job where you get a regular pay check because you will never make it in this business.

g