Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Profitable Trading: Show Me The Numbers *LINK*

HI G,

For me it's all dependent on the method, and if the method can be easily benchmarked. I can't put a monetary number on the goal because that is a function of future market movement. My object is not to predict where the market is going to go next but to go along with where the market is going now. It's all about market movement being scalable and repetiitive. The money is made or lost thru the repettiion.

The one constant is people being wrong, and repeatedly. Even when someone is right on direction overall they most likly will still lose because they don't understand their own risk tolerance, nor how markets move which literally is Risk Tolerance Threshold Theory. I know I am human and will therefore @#$% things up, and likely more times than not. Yet even w/ an ego and bad habits I can take comfort in following step by step directions that produce desirable results, but I never know the timing of a "good run" or a "choppy period", nor do I care. It takes awhile to see but eventually it's like a bird or other animal worrying about finding food tomorrow. Of course the bird doesn't worry about that, and of course the bird eats tomorrow. The birds goal may be to find food, but not to predict how much.